LAST UPDATED: 30 June 2021
We are Green Bee Biodegradables Pty (Ltd) (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Green Bee”), and are committed to protecting your privacy.
Green Bee is a company registered in South Africa (Company No. 2018/400030/07), with its registered office located in Cape Town, South Africa.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW?
When you interact with us, whether by using our website or communicating with us, we may collect the following information about you:
- Information you give us: you may give us information about yourself if you sign up for an account on our website, place an order for products, complete any online forms (such as registration forms, competitions, and surveys), opt in to receive our newsletters and special offers, enter a competition or promotion, participate in social media functions with our website, or correspond with us (by email, telephone, instant messaging apps, social media or otherwise).
Depending on what you provide, this information can include your name, address or location, phone number, email address, date of birth, gender, purchase information, shopping preferences, images and financial information (including your credit or debit card details, although we do not hold them, our payment processors do).
- Information we receive from other accounts or sources: we can receive information about you from other sources, such as from your other accounts (like when you use your Apple ID to sign in on our website) or other websites, including data brokers, our Partners, social media providers like Facebook and Twitter, advertising networks and analytics partners, and payment and delivery service providers.
By linking your account on our website to your Apple, Facebook or Twitter accounts, you are giving us permission to obtain certain information and content from these accounts. The specific types of information that we may obtain depends on your settings for that account or website and will be subject to their privacy policies.
- Information our IT systems collect about you: each time you visit the website, certain information will be created and automatically recorded by our IT systems. That information includes:
- Device information: the information provided by your device will differ depending on your operating system and device settings (eg. PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, or otherwise), but includes the type of device you have (eg. iPhone 12 or Samsung Galaxy S7), the device’s IP address and location, the browser you're using, your mobile network provider (for mobile devices), the pages you have visited, your time zone and country location, and crash or download error reports.
WHAT DO YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
To provide you services and the website, including to allow you to order and receive products using our website, administer your account and to optimise your experience we need to use the information that we collect in a number of different ways.
We also use the information for marketing and advertising purposes. Where you have told us you would like to receive marketing communications or when you have made a purchase using our services, we and our partners will use your personal information (including your name, email address and address) to occasionally send you updates, news, and offers via email or other forms of media. We may use your information (including supplemental information received from partners that we append to our existing customer information as described below), to tailor these messages to you. You may unsubscribe from our email marketing communications by modifying your preferences in your account’s profile management section, or by following the opt out instructions in the promotional emails that are sent to you.
Should your country be covered by such services, we may use your information to provide you with shopping recommendations. Such services will be provided along with third-party providers, which will be acting as processors.
We also carry out research, analysis, and surveys on your use of our website, and views. We keep track of your spend on our website. Please scroll down to find out the detailed purposes for which we collect your information, what specific information is collected and the legal basis for which we purpose that data.
- To register and manage your account in our Website, we collect your name, email, password and other additional details you may wish to add in your account, like phone number, addresses and gender. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you.
- To fulfil the orders you make through our website, we collect your Name, email, addresses, phone number, Order details, like the products you are buying, the size and price. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you.
- To provide you with our customer services (including helping you to solve any issue you have with our services, updating you about any change to our terms of service, or contacting you to know how your experience with us was): we collect your name, email, password, phone number and addresses and your contact history with us. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you and our legitimate interests in retaining you as a customer.
- To monitor the quality of our customer services, we collect your name, email, password, phone number and addresses, your response to our SMS inquiries about the quality of the service and your contact history with us (including phone records of our conversations and conversations through email or other instant messaging apps). The legal basis is the legitimate interests in running our business.
- To administer, maintain and optimise our Website and our services, we collect your device information (such as your device IP address and device type), cookie identifiers and browsing information. The legal basis is the legitimate interests in running our business.
- To send you marketing communications and personalised offers, we collect your name, email, phone number, addresses, date of birth, purchase history, browsing history and behaviour, device information, shopping preferences, cookie identifiers, internal identifiers and country. The legal basis is the legitimate interests in electronic direct marketing of similar products and services which you have acquired using our website. When such is not applicable, your consent to send you special offers and campaigns powered by Green Bee in cooperation with exclusive partners.
- To provide you with personalised recommendations and enhance your experience, we collect your name, email, phone number, addresses, date of birth, purchase history, browsing history and behaviour, device Information, shopping preferences, cookie identifiers, internal identifiers, and country. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improving your shopping experience.
- To carry on research, analysis, enquiries and surveys on your use of our website, we collect your Name; Addresses; Email; Device information, legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improve our Website and your experience.
- To advertise and retarget advertising of our and our Partners’ products and services, we collect your email, cookie identifiers and device information. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business.
- To produce aggregated statistical reports, we use your order history, provided that the result of such reports does not identify you. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improving our website.
WHO DO YOU SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH?
To provide our services and the website, we work with a number of carefully selected third parties. To do this, we may share your information with these third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- Our partner brands from whom you purchase products: we rely on carefully selected partners that supply the products that you see on our website.
- Third party service providers for business purposes: to function properly, we rely on a number of carefully selected third parties to provide us with services and products. We permit these companies to use your personal information only to the extent necessary to provide us with their services and products. Below you can find the types of third parties we use:
- Courier companies that we use in order to deliver the products to you and, as such, they need to have access to your order information, including your name, contact number and address. These providers have a global outreach, with many local companies that can be engaged depending on your shipping address.
- Payment providers that we use to process your payment information (including your credit/debit card details) so that we can collect payment from you. These are based in South Africa.
- Analytics and search engine providers, like Google, that we use to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website. These providers are based in the United States and Europe.
- Marketing Tools providers that help us enable our marketing. These providers are based in South Africa.
- Performance Marketing and Recommendations Providers that help us deliver advertising and recommendations of Green Bee products tailored to your interests and needs.
- Research companies that we can engage to help us carry out surveys regarding your use of our Website and Services.
- IT/technology providers that we use to support, maintain and provide our technology and IT infrastructure that supports our website and the storage of your information. These providers are based in South Africa.
- Advertisers for marketing purposes: we can provide your information to our advertising and social media partners that you select (including Facebook and Twitter), where they require the data to select and serve relevant adverts about ours and our partners’ products and services to you and others.
- Third party service providers to enrich data: we may also enrich, match or combine information we hold about you with data from other sources, for instance by sharing some of your personal data with selected business partners. We do this to better understand your customer profile and interests so that we can deliver customised offers and other personalised services.
- Third parties where we are considering a corporate transaction: Green Bee is may be looking for new opportunities and directions in which to grow. This means sometimes we may consider corporate transactions such as merger, acquisitions, reorganisations, asset sale, or similar. In these instances, we may transfer your information to enable the assessment and undertaking of that transaction. If we buy or sell any business or assets, your personal information may be one of the assets that are transferred.
- To comply with legal requests: on occasion we may be required to liaise with various regulators and law enforcement agencies in a number of different countries, whether as a result of law, a court order, or another legal process. Although we dispute requests wherever suitable, in some cases we may have to share your information with the regulators or law enforcement agencies. Where we consider it appropriate, and provided we are not prohibited from doing so by law or court order, we will attempt to notify you of these legal demands.
- Aggregated information with third parties: we may aggregate your information with the information of other customers, creating a dataset of information about the usage of our website, purchase of products, and other general, grouped information about our customers. The legal basis is our legitimate interest to understand the usage of our service and demand for our product. Although this dataset is aggregated and anonymised, meaning it cannot identify you as an individual, it provides a valuable insight into the use of our website and we may therefore share it with select third parties. These parties may include providers of plugins or similar technologies (to help measure traffic), our partners and other providers (to allow them to better stock products), and our investors.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
By using our website and our services, you acknowledge and accept that your personal information will be processed in South Africa.
To provide our website and our services, in accordance with the purposes set out above, we may transfer and store the personal information that we collect from you to a destination outside of South Africa.
We use technology such as "cookies" to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
We use the following categories of cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided. These cookies will also inform us, by your behaviour in our website, if we can do business with you and protect Green Bee and its customers from fraudulent activities.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our website (eg. we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site) and highlight areas we can improve such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies does not show personal details from which your individual identity can be established. They are also used to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. You may opt-in to these cookies using your browser settings.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
You can withdraw your consent to these cookies at any time through the following options:
- Google Analytics cookies across all websites, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on;
- Any other type of cookies, you can clean the cookies through your browser settings.
Please note that refusing cookies does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver adverts tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns, so you may see a greater number of adverts that are irrelevant to you and your preferences.
Keeping you and your personal information secure is particularly important to us. We take a number of reasonable steps to try to protect the personal information that you provide, including:
- Using a Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) to encrypt the personal data that you send us during the order process (including any financial information such as credit or debit card details).
- Requiring you to establish a unique username and password to access your account on our website.
- Not keeping details of your credit or debit card that would enable any third party to transact using that credit or debit card (such as your CVV number).
- Regularly monitoring our servers and IT systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Unfortunately, despite this, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to or through our website, and any such transmission is at your own risk. In particular, please keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information through other means of communication than the website in a non-protected environment (such as through email, sms, online messages) then that information can be collected and used by others outside of our or your control.
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
We retain the data you provide to us for as long as you have your account with us and thereafter for such period as you may have questions or a claim in relation to our services, notwithstanding any superior retention period that we may be obliged to observe in accordance with legal requirements applicable to us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data as set out below.
After you have terminated your use of our services, we may store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY